Friday, May 30, 2008

First!!!!!!

Hey, this is the development blog of nyomnyom. I'm doing it for the same selfish reasons as I do my other blog: just so that I keep track of my progress and actually do some work on the project by some magical feeling of obligation to update the blog.

So what's nyomnyom anyways?  Years ago I had an idea for a gadget-type thing that would monitor what's in your fridge (scanner on the fridge), what you use up (scanner on the bin) and would generate a shopping list for you & order it automatically online.  I never did anything about it as it seemed like a crap idea at the time, but since then people have developed gadgets just like it.  They were horrible failures...  I was talking to a few friends about it and some of the other ideas which stemmed from the original and they encouraged me to give it a go.  One of my mates coerced me into buying a .com address just so I'd guilt myself into working on it.  To be perfectly honest I'm not 100% convinced of the merits of the ideas myself or whether my friends were being genuinely helpful or just plotting against me to laugh at my downfall.

So I'll stay away from the failed gadget area and stick to web 2.0ish stuff to implement my ideas.  My first goal is to create a development area for people to enter, share and combine recipes.  Hopefully from this, a wikipedia-type resource of food information will automagically appear...

No comments: